Welcome to The Meditation Podcast, a free podcast produced by Jesse and Jeane Stern, designed to help you benefit from meditation in your everyday life.
Our podcast is unique because we use binaural beats in the audio that actually affect the brain waves, inducing a deep state of relaxation, and a brain pattern similar to REM sleep. This has the potential to bring about profound healing. We have received emails from people all over the world who have suffered from insomnia, anxiety, strokes, emotional losses, and trauma, all of whom have benefitted from our podcast.*
Important: The sounds in this podcast affect the brain, so please use headphones, and do not listen while driving or operating machinery! If you need a very comfy set headphones, try SleepPhones.
- "Bless you for sharing your dulcet meditations so generously."
- "A very calming and relaxing meditation podcast. I think this is the best one I have heard."
- "You really make it effortless to become effortless."
We decided to make this podcast to help regular people who want to learn and practice meditation. This style of meditation is non-denominational, and we believe it can be used in conjunction with – or separate from – any church, temple or any set of religious or spiritual beliefs.
You can listen or download right here on the site, or subscribe on iTunes. We're also on quite a few podcast aggregators. For the DIYer, here is a link to our The Meditation Podcast RSS Feed.
We are also on Stitcher.
Note to our subscribers: We have migrated our RSS feed away from Google Feedburner. If you haven't already done so, please update your subscription to the following URL: theMeditationPodcast.com/tmp.xml
There's more to The Meditation Podcast than just what you hear. We have spent many hours and dollars on recording, editing & mixing, studio equipment, writing scripts, composing music, researching ideas, programming software, web designing & hosting. And then there's the meditating.
- "I really like these meditations. I erased all others from my iPod."
- "Wow! I feel so relaxed after completing my first session of meditation with this podcast."
- "You guys are amazing! Thank you!!"
We give The Meditation Podcast freely, as a way to give thanks for our many blessings. We strongly believe that when you give you also receive, and making this podcast has been its own reward. However, we do appreciate your support, whether in the form of donations, buying CD's, or just emails telling us about your experience with the podcast.
Why headphones? What are Binaural Beats?
Binaural beats enhance Theta brainwaves in the listener. The Theta-state, similar to REM dreaming, makes the body and mind more receptive to healing, cellular regeneration, and learning, and tends to instill a sense of peace in the listener. The way it works is slightly different tones are sent to the left and right sides. When isolated to the left and right ears, the brain tries to reconcile these slightly different tones, creating a relaxed and trance-like state.
You can certainly benefit from listening to the guided meditations on their own – and it won't hurt to listen through speakers in a room. However, to give yourself the best possible experience with The Meditation Podcast, we strongly recommend that you use headphones when listening to this podcast. If your headphones are uncomfortable, try SleepPhones.
We use a special programming language to create custom binaural audio tones for each episode, and we believe this is key in our podcast being one of the most effective meditation tools available ‐ and it's free!
*Warning: Because The Meditation Podcast can induce an altered state of consciousness, do not listen while driving or operating machinery. Also, please note that binaural technology may increase the risk of seizures to those with epilepsy or to people prone to having seizures. Please note that we are not licensed health care practitioners, and we do not claim any specific health benefits from using this podcast. You are responsible for your own health! As with anything, use this podcast at your own risk.
- "I love your podcast ? the falling asleep one is really helping me with my insomnia."
- "Using this podcast at night has help me to get off of sleep medications which I have been using for the past 10 years."
- "I just started listening to your podcast. I feel so much better each time I do."
- "Thank you for an incredible podcast. What a gift that you both have shared! "
- "Highly recommended, especially for beginners."
- "I believe that many of my goals last year were realized in part through the use of [Episode 3, Positive Thoughts]."
- "I am beginning a new journey of meditation in my life and you have helped spearhead the spring of great healing."